Assessing the Critics: 2013 Report on the Beverage Testing InstitutePart 2 of our 3 part assessment of the three critical institutions we follow brings us to the Beverage Testing Institute. We ask again, how stable and accurate are the scores from critics over time? The scores and what we do with them is a collision of the subjective with the scientific.
Tatratea Liqueur: Shift Your Paradigms and Buy It!Bottom Line: after trying the full lineup of 5 high proof tea liqueurs from Slovakia, we were completely converted. It was one of the most enjoyable tastings on record for us.
Grenadine: Is it Worth Making Yourself?Genadine is one of those mysterious ingredients in the cocktail world. We first learn about it as an additive in lemon-lime soda and cola for kid cocktails.
Brugal Rum/Captain Morgan White: Newcomers Take on BacardiBottom Line: very easy to tell the difference between the two. Brugal is a dryer, lightly oak-driven rum.
- Industry News: Home Bar Booze Goes Digitial and More...
- Notable New and Updated Bottles: 3/2014
- User Reviews-the Rabble Roundup (Feb, 2014)
- Assessing the Critics: 2013 Report on the San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Newbies Guide to Bitters: Are They Worth It?
- Shaking vs Stirring: Can You Bruise a Gin?